Get your STILLMAG.COM and S.T.I.L.L. Magazine© Merch HERE!!!

Monday, June 22, 2009

VIXION: "Swag Meets Sexxxy"

By Shamora Evans

S.T.I.L.L.: FIRST, I WANT TO GIVE YOU PROPS ON YOUR PERFORMANCE LAST THURSDAY NIGHT ‘CAUSE YOU RIPPED IT…SECONDLY, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN RAPPING, AND WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO BECOME A FEMALE EMCEE?

VIXION: Thank you!! I appreciate that. I'm glad you enjoyed the show!! I was in my zone on stage. I try to give my audience their money's worth. I love performing; it's my passion. I've been writing music since I was 13 years old, and what inspired me to become an artist was my brother. He used to recite his rhymes to me and ask me my opinion. I've always looked up to my brother, so it fascinated me to see him put words together so poetic. So, I just started writing from that point.

S.T.I.L.L.: WHAT HIP HOP ARTISTS INSPIRED YOU TO GET INTO HIP HOP?

VIXION: Actually, I'm really into rock music. But, if I had to name an artist from my era, I would say Tupac. I am a HUGE Tupac fan!!

S.T.I.L.L.: FEMALE RAPPERS IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY ARE SCARCE RIGHT NOW. WHAT IS IT ABOUT YOUR MUSIC THAT DISTINGUISHES YOU FROM, SAY, “EVE”, “TRINA”, “LIL KIM”, ETC.?

VIXION: What makes me different is that my music is a total element of "me". You can't compare that to no other artist because it's personal. I write from personal experiences, and I make the situations musical so the audience can feel the mood I was in at that moment. I also write different types of music, not just hip hop...Rock, alternative pop, soul, etc.

S.T.I.L.L.: ON YOUR SONG, “MIND ON MY MONEY”, THE ENERGY YOU BROUGHT TO THE TRACK AND YOUR LYRICISM WAS HOT. WHAT WAS THE INSPIRATION FOR THAT TRACK?

VIXION: Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the song!! I really love this track; it's one of my favorites. It was produced by "Thorn" from O.N.A.T. Productions. My inspiration was from the struggle. A lot of individuals who are focused at achieving their goals, and trying to stay out of trouble, relate a lot to this song. My main focus was to depict that image of that individual who is focused to the point that nothing can stop him/her from getting to the top. It's my fire of motivation that keeps my engine revved up.

S.T.I.L.L.: ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR TRACKS THAT I’M REALLY FEELIN’ IS “CREEPING”. WHEN YOU WERE WRITING FOR THAT TRACK, WHAT DID YOU TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION AS FAR AS YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE?

VIXION: Thank you!! Well, actually, my target was aimed toward those who can relate in this situation, especially us women. I definitely took into account situations that us women go through when we are in a relationship and the results of us being "human" at times. Nobody is perfect, male or female, so I wanted to do a song from a female perspective of cheating.

S.T.I.L.L.: DO YOU WORK WITH ONE PRODUCER, OR SEVERAL PRODUCERS, AND WHAT IS/ARE THEIR NAME(S)?

VIXION: I work with three producers, right now. "Thorn" from O.N.A.T. Productions (myspace.com/onatproductions) and "Mert" from Hidden Beats Studio on 46th Haverford...Obviously, "Bane" from MOCO Music Werkz (myspace.com/mocomusicwerkz). Three talented producers with an enhanced musical vision.

S.T.I.L.L.: HAVE YOU DONE A MIXTAPE, AND DO YOU APPEAR ON ANY OTHER ARTISTS’ MIXTAPES OR ALBUMS?

VIXION: Yes, actually, I have done two mixtapes. "Gunsmoke City" was released in 1999 independently. "V for Vendetta Vol. 1" was my first solo project ever. You can find that mixtape on Datpiff.com (keyword "V for Vendetta"). I'm appearing on DJ No Phrillz's "World Recognition Vol. 4". Shout out to "No Phrillz" for including me on his project!!

S.T.I.L.L.: IF YOU COULD SIGN WITH ANY MUSIC LABEL, WHO WOULD YOUR TOP TWO PICKS BE?

VIXION: Honestly, whomever has the best terms within the contract! (Laughs) I mean, names really don't mean anything to me. Anyone who can accommodate my situation the best.































S.T.I.L.L.: IS THERE ANY ARTIST IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW THAT YOU WANT TO COLLAB WITH AND, IF SO, WHAT ARTIST(S) WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK WITH?

VIXION: Honestly, I would love to work with "Lauryn Hill". She's one of my favorite artists...Mark Ronson and "Timbaland" from a production perspective. "Alicia Keys" has a beautiful voice. In hip hop, "Lupe Fiasco"; he's my ultimate favorite right now!! In rock, man it's too many to list!! (Laughs)

S.T.I.L.L.: ARE YOU CURRENTLY WORKING ON AN ALBUM THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO YOUR FANS?

VIXION: Yes. "Swag Meets Sexxxy" is my second solo project, and my MySpace mixtape project called "Myspace Crack. Vol. 1". I'm working on both these projects at the same time, so they will both be available during their release. I'm very excited about both of these projects because they sound completely different from one another.

S.T.I.L.L.: WHAT’S THE BEST WAY FOR YOUR FANS AND FUTURE FANS TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR MUSIC AND CONTACT YOU ONLINE?

VIXION: Myspace.com/vixionvendetta; I constantly update my music on there. Facebook.com/vixion; you can request me on there to keep up with me. Twitter.com/vixion is another spot where I'm always on! To purchase my music, it will be on iTunes, Rhapsody, and CD Baby in the near future.