Get your STILLMAG.COM and S.T.I.L.L. Magazine© Merch HERE!!!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

TEMECA FREEMAN: "Eye Candy Rising"

By Shamora Evans


Astrological Sign: Sagittarius

Measurements: 34-24-42


SM: LET'S BEGIN WITH AN INTRODUCTION. BRIEFLY, TELL OUR READERS A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF.

TEMECA: I'm a very down-to-earth individual who really doesn't do much. I enjoy cooking, reading, and spending time with my family. Most people would say that I have an easy-going personality. One thing that people don't kn
ow about me is that I absolutely hate to drive! Most people think that, since I'm a model, that I have this extravagant lifestyle. I'm just your typical everyday female.

SM: HOW DID YOU BEGIN MODELING WITH "SOUTH MODELS, LLC"?

TEMECA: I, actually, went to an "Eye Candy" show here, in Birmingham, Alabama, and I was watching all of the models, and I instantly became interested. I met Patricia Pickett at the show, and we exchanged contact information, and the rest is h
istory.

SM: WHAT PHOTO
GRAPHER DID YOU DO YOUR MOST RECENT PHOTO SHOOT WITH, AND WHAT WAS THE EXPERIENCE LIKE?

TEMECA: The last photographer I worked with was Derrick Blanks, in Atlanta
. This was a high fashion photo shoot. This particular photo shoot was very different from the previous type shoots that I've done. Overall, the experience was great, it definitely showed a different side of me.

SM: HAS IT ALWAYS BEEN YOUR DREAM TO PURSUE A CAREER IN MODELING?

TEMECA: No, my dream was to go to school and become a
nurse, but I guess that it wasn't in God's will for me.

SM: DO YOU HAVE
ANY OTHER CAREER GOALS THAT YOUR MODELING CAREER COULD HELP YOU ACHIEVE?

TEMECA: Someday I would like to own my own modeling and acting agency.


SM: WH
AT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO ANYONE WHO ASPIRES TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL MODEL?

TEMECA: In this industry, you have to have thick skin. Always remember, everyone has an opinion that they're entitled to, but you have to take the criticism in stride, and don't let it bother you. You also have to learn to accept rejection. Most importantly, you need to love the camera; don't be afraid when the camera is on. Remember when a picture is take
n, that particular moment is captured. So, make sure the moment is everlasting.

SM: IS IT NECESSARY TO HAVE AN AGENT/MANAGER TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL MODELING CAREER, AND WHAT ARE THE
"PLUSSES" AND "MINUSES" OF HAVING AN AGENT?

TEMECA: Having an agent is not necessarily needed, but it helps because it allows a model to focus on other aspects of modeling while the agent handles logistics, such as finding work, handling bookings/negotiations, and researching clien
ts to ensure credibility and professionalism. The main thing to remember is that success depends on the person. If you put in huge amounts of hard work and remain humble, success is sure to come.

SM: WHEN YOU GET A "DAY OFF" FROM MODELING, WHAT DO YOU ENJOY DOING IN YOUR SPARE TIME?

TEMECA: I enjoy spending time with my family. It's imperative that I visit my mom and dad everyday! Most importantly, I enjoy being a role model to my daughter. She's my everything!

SM: WHEN YOU ARE MODELING, WHAT IS THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF YOUR JOB?


TEMECA: I would say taking pictures in general...I love the camera, I feel like it was in
vented just for me. [I'm] not being conceited, but you have to be confident in this industry.

SM: HOW CAN FANS AND/OR THOSE WITH BUSINESS INQUIRIES CONTACT Y
OU?

TEMECA
: For booking inquiries you can contact my agent at pdpickett@gmail.com. My fans can reach me at MySpace.com/lashuntae, Twitter.com/temecathemodel, www.bhammodelblog.com, Model Mayhem and Facebook. Check me out in the September/October '09 issue of "Black Men Magazine"!!

*Editor-In-Chief's Personal Favorite*